The name Westminster Standard is taken from the words "Westminster Standards" being the collective name for the Westminster Confession of Faith, Larger and Shorter Catechism, the Sum of Saving Knowledge, the National Covenant &c, the Directory for the Public Worship of God, Directory for Family Worship and the Form of Presbyterial Church Government*. There are the doctrinal standards of Presbyterian Churches throughout the world.
Westminster Standard Publications was formed in 1956 by young men in the Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland Gisborne, New Zealand congregation, to supply a need for sound Christian literature on subjects as they arose. This volume is a reprinted collection of WS articles 31 to 40.
Contents of Vol. 5
31. The Providential Preservation of the Greek Text of the New Testament by W. MacLean
32. The Paganism of Cremation by W. MacLean
33. Christ or Freemasonry by W. MacLean
34. The Millennium by Jonathan Edwards
35. Capital Punishment-A Christian Duty by C.H. Spurgeon
36. A Real Hindrance
37. Christ's Kingship over the Nations Maintained and Defended in the Establishment Principle by W. MacLean
38. The Christian in Contemporary Society by A. Gillies
39. The Saving Work of the Holy Spirit by J.R. Anderson
40. The New English Bible by W. MacLean
*Free Presbyterian Publications has collected these documents together in one volume available on the website.